Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The complexity is in the undoing

I was recently in conversation with a consultant who is creating a new Media Center for the WEL-Systems Institute/Louise LeBrun websites. As we worked together to determine what would be meaningful in helping those who are seeking to find the information they require, in a way that is easy for them to access.

After a couple of weeks of email exchanges as well as phone calls, I was struck by one conversation on a Friday afternoon. Her comment to me was: ‘Before we begin (our meeting), I want you to know that I am astounded by the depth and scope of the body of knowledge that you’ve created; by the extensive presence on the internet and by the diversity and quality of material that you’ve written. However, this material is highly complex and will be a challenge to help people understand.”

As I listened, I found myself feeling good about all that has unfolded over the last 20 years and also feeling ‘off’ somehow by her comment about the complexity of the work because, in my experience of it, the complexity does not lie in the WEL-Systems material/models/body of knowledge/articles.

After a moment of pondering, I said to her: “I think that’s an interesting observation. And, in my experience of it, the complexity does not lie in what constitutes a WEL-Systems approach to living. That cannot be more simple and consists of:

* Breathe
* Follow the impulse
* Let yourself know the truth of your own experience
* Stay in the tough conversations
* Be willing to stand alone
* Shape or be shaped by your world

However, there is complexity in all that it takes to penetrate and break through the decades of cultural conditioning and intergenerational insistence that we NOT DO those very things. Complexity exists in what is required for us to UNLEARN what has been pounded into our very being for decades; and to find the willingness and the ability to move beyond the fear of ‘straying too far’ and allowing ourselves to live differently.”

For me, it’s simple, it’s easy and it’s profoundly life-altering. We are all born with the natural, instinctive ability and willingness to live large, live openly and honestly, and live meaningfully. All we have to do is remember who we are…..

Breathing is good…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home