Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Friday, October 06, 2006

If credentials aren't enough....are we?

I’m feeling agitated today. I’ve come to learn over the years that this state of agitation – of body and mind – is often the precursor to some new insight…to some startling change in how I experience myself and subsequently, how I move through my world.

I’ve also learned over the years that there is nothing for me to do about this, or with this, other than to wait for myself to be found. And so, while I wait, I muse…..

Just left lunch with my friend, Dominique. As a contributing author to the Sekhmet Rising book, Dominique is about to create what we are lovingly calling an ‘unveiling’. Yes, there are books for sale; and yes, there are people signing books – and that’s not really what any of it is about.

It’s about coming out of the closet on trusting that who we are is enough. It’s about being willing to be seen and heard, not for what we have to say but for who we are. It’s about standing naked, without props or script, and engaging – in real life and real time – from both the deep and the shallow ends of the pool that we are.

An unveiling is also about recognizing that we can do it alone, if we so choose, we can ask for what we want. We can invite into our lives the people who feed us…who source and nurture us….without fear of being punished in some way for NOT inviting those who don’t.

It’s about being clear on what WE want; letting ourselves know it, first, inside – where we live; and then allowing the voice inside of us to match the voice outside of us, and speak the truth of our desires and intentions without the fear of disapproval stopping us before we even begin.

Are we enough, in the splendor of our uncertainty and vulnerability and hesitation? Are we enough, knowing our deep and increasingly powerful need to move forward and yet, having not a clue where to put down our foot for the next step? Are we enough, in recognizing our need to change our mind, to not choose until it feels right to do so, and in allowing ourselves to pause…and wait…until we FEEL like it?

Today is a day of my own pondering ‘Am I enough?’ Is it enough that I inhale and exhale and choose to live my life in a way that is meaningful to me – even if it means nothing to anyone else?

I take a breath…..I invite that breath to awaken and open and loosen my being….I wait, as the long, slow, deep exhale brings my attention to the base of my spine….and I know – without doubt, without hesitation, without fear – that I AM indeed, enough.

And so are you.

Breathing is good……

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home