Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

First day of my last pass

Today was the first day of my last pass in RIA. A strange feeling - knowing that in the future, it will be Koreen who walks with these folks who are stepping up to create bigger lives for themselves.

When folks arrive on Monday for ITS, their return will be welcomed by Koreen. I'll not be part of this process again after July 23rd.

I've been in the program room for these certifications for more than 10 years - first through my original company (Partners in Renewal Inc.) and for the last five years, through the WEL-Systems Institute. I have watched and listened and welcomed hundreds as they stepped into the process of their own evolution. As they grew, so did I. I'll miss it all! And having said that, I know in every cell in my body that it's time; and I know that Koreen will bring the strength, compassion and skill that it takes to be willing to 'go the distance' with those who choose to engage.

Day 1 of RIA set the bar for the next 6 days. The conversations welcomed and allowed for the 'unspeakable' to be said out loud, making it possible for us all to notice that it's never the conversation that causes us pain - it's the fact that we hold it as a secret. It's amazing how quickly life expands when we just get honest with ourselves and tell the truth of our own experience.

I wonder how much easier life would be if we were never conditioned into the process of 'shame'.

Breathing is good....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home