Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Bits and Pieces

Day 2 of ITS. Day 4 of RIA. By noon yesterday, I was amazed at how quickly this group had come together! The check-ins were open, honest, direct and clear. They were also filled with laughter and irreverance, with the familiar scent of potential filling the air. In its weird and wonderful way, the experience shapes itself - weaving one seemingly disconnected conversation into the next, ending in a cascading wave of discovery for one or all of us in the room. I love it when the plan comes together....except there is no plan!

This time, I have a long time and dear friend in the room. I have always known this woman to be smart, compassionate, caring and deeply committed to contributing to others. My wish for her in these experiences is that she will take the space for herself to receive what she has so generously offered others for so long. Today, for the first time in a long time, I saw a glimpse of awakening in a new way. And it came from a little thing, like choosing to not rush and take the time that she needed/wanted. Such a simple little thing.....

My new book arrives on Thursday! This one I can feel. It vibrates! I know that it offers something much stronger and more alive. And I wait...in the excitement inside myself....knowing that this is different. Leaves me wondering how my life will change because of it. I don't know how - I just know that it will.

Every day, I make the time to visit the WEL-Systems Blogging Community. Such great stuff! Amy...Lori...Lucy...and all the others who are decloaking and inviting us into their lives. I read...I experience...and I am encouraged to dig deeper into myself and trust what I find. My life is indeed, magical! I am impressed with the company I choose to keep. :)

I am enjoying Koreen's presence in the room. Great strength. Courage. Ease. Fearlessness. Palpable playfulness. I look forward to each day and know that at the end of everyone, I get to do it again the next day.

For now, I'm tired and ready to call it a day.

Breathing is good....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home