Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

It's not enough....

It’s not enough:
• for me to breathe once a day….and hope that for the remainder of my day, someone else will breathe for me.
• to say ‘no’ only when I’ve run out of reasons not to say ‘yes’, knowing all along that ‘no’ was my truth.
• to be silent to avoid being irritating or annoying or shunned when the absence of my voice ensures the slow but steady advance of a lie.
• to disappear into myself, curl up into a ball, hold my breath and remain motionless, terrified that if seen, I’ll have to take a stand for something!
• to only find my courage now and then, when I know that courage is what it takes to change my world.
• to hide, when being seen is what will make the difference.
• to be mindful once a week when mindfulness is the essence of a meaningful life.

Yesterday, in rich, meaty, satisfying conversation with a small group of women (you know how it goes – women gathering in small groups, talking….The Force that will change the world!), one was heard to say “It’s hard to change.” In that moment, I wondered: if the word ‘hard’, disappeared from our vocabulary, what truth would we discover about ourselves as we searched for the word that would capture what was under the ‘hard’ of change. “It’s frightening…”? “It’s frustrating…”? “It’s lonely….”? When we let go of ‘hard’, the next layer finds room to rise up and present another piece of the puzzle.

We also talked of trust. As we did, I realized that I have come to make the distinction between trusting others (external referencing) and trusting myself. And even in that, there is trusting my Self (that direct line to the signal that flows through the body that lives in this physical world) and there is trusting myself (the natural intelligence of the organic being that I am…the one that does the dance of the signals 2 and 3). When I relax and trust my Self, life is easy.

At the end of November, we will gather again. And once again, I’ll discover more of who I can become.

Breathing is good…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home