Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Rapid, profound and generative change

Day 1 of 'Leadership Redefined - Reclaimed'. Although our day has been a leisurely one (3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon), it feels as if we've been here for days! Insights, discoveries and instant change are not a function of time invested. They are the natural by-product of our willingness to be present, to be aware and to engage.

I watch...I listen...and in each voice, I hear the determination to have their choices be greater than their fear. I hear a willingness to stay in the tough conversations, particularly when those conversations are a direct threat to all that they know to be 'true' and 'real' and 'right'. This willingness leads to soon discovering that all these are maleable and can be redesigned to transform their lives.

Over dinner, we shared stories about our lives and the people in them. We laughed a lot! But then, seems to me that laughter is a given in so many conversations that I'm in. If we can't laugh at ourselves, the remaining choices are often those that make our lives so much smaller, very quickly.

The women in this experience are not ready to settle for less than who they know themselves to be capable of becoming, in their private and public lives. I have a lot of time for that; and I'm willing to do what it takes to move forward.

Tomorrow is another day and one that I know will be filled with surprises for us all.

Breathing is good.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home