Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Radio interview now available

Well, that was fun! Frankie Picasso created great space for Amy McNaughton, Lori Walton and Anne Thibeault-Berube and myself to talk about the things that are meaningful to each of us. Without exception, the four of us found that the time just flew by. Imagine...four women running out of chat time.... Who would have thought....

The link to the radio interview is:

http://BlogTalkRadio.com/missionunstoppable/2007/10/11/The-the-Company-of-Genius-In-the-Company-of-Women

(Other links to Frankie, Amy, Lori and Anne in posting of Thursday, October 9th, below.)

My hope is that many will go, listen, find something meaningful and pass this link along to others they feel would be awakened to somthing meaningful by listening to the interview. I know it will require that each of us turn up the volume on our own voice in order for a different sound to be heard above the defeaning roar of the white noise of our lives.

It occurred to me when the interview was over : what a great idea! What a great way to create yet another Space within which Intention 2009 can come to life! I'm about to look into creating an interactive process that will invite listeners from around the world to engage in conversations about the evolution of the species; and how each of us is a unique and critical part of that process. (Without the individual,there is no potential for a collective.) This is a conversation that focuses on the global outcome through the individual awakening. I think of it as an application of 'Think globally - act locally' to human behaviour and its impact on the collective. I can't change the collective. What I can do is change myself and naturally infect the collectinve just be being that changed Self.

Amy, Lori and Anne were terrific! As I listened to them interact with Frankie, I felt so grateful to be me, with each of them in my life. I remember them all when we first met; and I heard in their voices so much more the truth of who they have already become in the world. As much as they each have already made profound changes in their lives and the lives of those around them, I know that each of them is destined to have an impact on the world. They are willing to see and be seen, to have their voices ring out loud and clear AND they have valuable and important wisdom to share with us all - each in her own, unique way. Life is good!

Last night reminded me of days gone by when I was part of several radio and tv live, call-in, hour-long shows. I loved it! No...not strong enough...I LOVED IT!! For me, there is this wonderful, intense, dynamic, creative tension in those live experiences. Real people, real life....real potential waiting to awaken. I'm up for that.

I'd love to talk with people from around the world on what's meaningful for them in the whole personal/global transformation conversation. Over my lifetime, I've known of so much transformation promised and so little delivered. I know, without a doubt, that it is not about US. It is not that we are not up to it or willing. It is that the process that we are already stuck in, with our humanity as we've been taught to believe it to be, is not BIG ENOUGH to make room for us to be able to find what we seek.

I know transformation - in an instant! - is possible and available and accessible to us all. I've seen it - over and over again - for the last 20 years. I know how it works and I know that every single one of us is up to it. I also know that if we don't know HOW, we end up frustrated, angry, resentful and bitter that our great efforts go unrewarded and without the benefit of the outcomes we desire. Life ceases to be an adventure and becomes a sentence to be served. Not pretty.

I learned long ago: I cannot experience a paradigm shift (i.e. transformation) from the paridigm that I'm in. The trick is how to move from the paradigm I'm alread in to the one that will allow for what I want. My intellect hasn't a clue. My body knows the way, if I will only allow it to take me there.

Stay tuned...literally! There is much more to come.

Breathing is good.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home