Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Cleaning house

For the last few months, I have been aware of this pressure, this need, to cleanse…or empty…or clean out.

I am mindful of how full my closets are, my shelves are, my house is, my life is, my body is with ‘stuff’ that has accumulated over my lifetime. It is not that these things did not serve their purpose or, in their time, did not bring me great joy. Nor is it that they are broken, damaged, useless or in any way ‘undesirable’ or unwanted. It is more that they are no longer who I am and are now slowing expression of who I might become.

Letting go. No need to push or force or actually do anything. It is much more about stopping all this – and doing nothing. In that empty space, direction comes for my next step and it becomes a step with significantly less weight attached to it. The weight of habit. The 'drag' of history. The distraction of proven results and outcomes.

I look around my house/work/life, and I notice so many beautiful things that continue to be beautiful and I have no desire to have them in my life. Some of these I am ready to put into boxes and give away. Others, will likely move more slowly, going into boxes and taking that half-measure of finding a cozy corner in the basement…until I’m ready to let go completely.

The domain of my thinking is no different. In my thinking, there are thoughts that have long been there. Maybe too long. Although they have served me well; have made a difference in my life and in the lives of many others, it is time for them to go. To let them just fall away, quietly wondering what that empty space will make room for.

It is not that there is anything wrong with these thoughts. Or that they are worn out or irrelevant. It is that I am no longer, as the thinker, who I was when I first thought them. To become the ‘more’ that I know I am, I must be willing to let go of who I have been, even when being so has filled my life with great joy.

I know that things will change – quickly! I am committed to Intention 2009 – to doing all that I can to ensure that by the end of 2009, there will be a global awareness of a WEL-Systems® perspective and access for those who choose to engage. Whether through books, audio products or program experiences, those who are seeking to awaken to a different way of moving through their world, will have the opportunity to do so.

In the next few months, there will be new audio products available on a number of things. CD’s of guided mediations; CD’s on the issue of weight/body image/personal power; on The CODE Model and CODE Model Coaching; on a home-study program for a WEL-Systems approach to living. I’ll be launching a new internet radio open-line show, encouraging listeners to engage directly to find out how a WEL-Systems approach can make a difference in their lives.

In the soon-to-be-released November ChoicePoints Newsletter, the Spotlight On piece will be on my observations from the process engaged during the Whispers from Within women's writing retreats. Those 'Layers of Discovery' only serve to strengthen my commitment to recognizing that the vibrations of voice are the songs we sing to awaken ourselves and each other.

Moving faster….going deeper…finding transformation.

Breathing is good…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home