Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Back in the saddle....

Another week of Igniting the Self has completed itself and, as always, I am not now who I was when I began, this time last week. It is amazing to me how easy it can be and how far/fast we can move without effort. It’s never about effort – it’s always about Intention, Attention and the willingness to engage.

Like everything else in my life since January 2006, this (ITS) too is rapidly redesigning itself. The acceleration touches us all and all that we engage. None of us is spared the inevitable and profound transformation that follows in its wake.

This last time, my own transformation came in the form of an awareness attached to this notion of helping/rescuing/saving/guiding/etc. As I went from one day to the next, larger and larger conversations coming to life about WHAT we are (Quantum Biological Organic Processors), it occurred to me that there is nothing to help/save/rescue/etc. The very act of trying to do so locks each of us into being NOT the amazing presence that we are.

The awakening of the quantum biological organic presence that I am is tied to discovering my own presence….my own power….my own unique expression of the godforce that I already am in the world. What I discovered for myself is that the more I try to encourage/support/assist/guide/etc, the more difficult it becomes for the ‘other’ to discover themselves.

The more I am willing to just be present to another in their sometimes incredibly painful struggle to find themselves, the more quickly they can do so. Like life emerging from a shell, strength and capacity to thrive is compromised if the shell is broken for them. Perhaps this is much more akin to being a midwife. In these processes, I do indeed, get to be present to and bear witness to a natural birth of some kind. The less I put my hands into the mix, the more potent the result.

Sometimes, things get messy. Sobs....sounds...snotty noses are all part of the process. Rage, also, can be part of this process. And without a doubt, I discovered last week that being this way (my unwillingness to insert myself into their ‘birthing’ process to help and facilitate, etc) does not always make me popular! Nor does it leave others feeling warm and fuzzy about me. Nonetheless, each leaves the process more fully awake, aware and present to themselves and their own potential. Is that not what it’s all about?

I discovered last week that safety does not reside in my taking care of anyone. Safety resides in each discovering that they can take care of themselves. Sometimes, given the world we live in, the only way that can happen is to find yourself in the deep end of the pool and discover that you can breathe under water.

New information. The marvels of the science of today are impressive when we consider the impact on our technology and all that it implies. However, nothing (to me) is more potent that what today’s science allows us to begin to notice about ourselves. We are not what we have been taught to believe we are. When we begin to ponder what this science means in terms of how we define ourselves, more becomes available than we had ever imagined possible. And until each of us can engage that discovery, we are stuck with grieving the past and longing for future, oblivious to the power point that is the NOW – because we don’t know what to do with it!

The sacred is what we are. Without an ability to touch it…to breathe it…to feel it in every cell…we wander in a place of being lost to ourselves. No one can give me back the sacred being that I AM. I must find that – alone and often in the dark. And yet, when I am willing to allow, the sense of this sacred comes to me and carries me into the light.

It is not about seeking but about stopping long enough to be found.

It is not about working at it but letting go.

It is not about bracing against but softening, inviting and allowing.

Last week was, yet again, a journey of my own discovery in the company of others. I am grateful to each of them for having welcomed me into their lives. Without that, I might still be searching. With it, I am more awake than ever!

Breathing is good…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home