Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Blink: different world!

My world is changing - fast! My world - the world my sons will inherit from me as one of its architects - is in dire need of change.

Change will come, inevitably. What I care about is whether that change comes from a state of awakened, mindful choice or from the peristaltic movement of my history forcing its way through the tight, narrow tubular structures of my own way of thinking. This is not unique to me. We have all been encouraged to surrender ourselves to this movement, as we have encouraged our children to surrender themselves. Fractals...

I am becoming more and more clear on how I choose to live, galvinized by the thought of having only those 6 days left to live. Big, bold, beautiful conversations with others hungry for the same - that's what I want! Sacred spaces within which our individual truth comes into flow. Exchanges. Explorations. Discoveries. Adventures of thought!

Themes, yes...on things that matter to me, like leadership, relationship, decloaking, engaging, manifesting. Agendas - not a one. Small gatherings of others equally hungry to WAKE UP to what calls to them from somewhere deep in the belly....or from behind the sternum, fully aware that it is not the heart. The time is NOW...and it will not go on forever.

Intensity. The kind of intensity that we might all 'normally' be tempted to shy away from; the kind that messes with my neat and tidy life; the kind that ensures I break a sweat as I ponder other than what I have always pondered before. Provocative. Evocative! Compelling.

Density. Thick, murky...not the cake-walk of my 'usual' daily requirements of work, family and friends. Truth. Not as an absolute but as it exits for me - the individual - discovering that there is no singular truth; and discovering how to be excited by that instead of afraid.

Results! Awakened people. Changed lives. Each ending, in that unique truth, a beginning and a platform for something else. No answers but immensely powerful questions. Courage to pursue ourselves into those wonderful murky places we have for so long frightened ourselves out of visiting! In MY truth, I have always found more of myself in that murky-ness than any other place/way.

Bold. Raw. Jagged. I'm so tired of the sappy, pappy stuff that passes as cutting-edge. So fed up with the same crap dressed up in new garb. Long gone is my capacity to be delicate about my thoughts, my life and my potential.

Once again, I am aware of the pressure in my body to ENGAGE - just as I did in January 2006. I have no idea where it will take me and what I know without a doubt is that as I engage in those big, bold, intense, dense, provocative, evocative, compelling conversations, my Emerging Future will present for me to inhale and from which to breathe life into the next wave of showing up for my own life.

I am emerging....and I am looking for people to play with.

Breathing is good....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home