Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Monochromatic World

It’s one of those days that those of us who know snow, know well. It’s been snowing for almost 18 hours and the world has become the page that this monochromatic message is written on.

Last night, I lay in bed and watched tiny snow flakes fall like a wall of frozen rain. Against the night sky, the background was lit by street lamps, making everything appear to be a variation on that one color : that soft, metallic grey that can only be seen when Winter creeps in and transforms ‘weather’ into ‘season’.

I love this! I remember so many times, sitting quietly in the dark hidden from the street light’s glow on the carpet at my feet….watching snow flakes the size of quarters waft like feathers on a soft breeze. I could hear the silence on the wind, broken only from time-to-time by a passing car. That sound often startled me, as I had gone somewhere where cars did not exist – and yet, there was one, now.

I wonder…..where else in my life do I experience my world as monochromatic and, perhaps, have not yet remembered to discover its beauty? How else might I move through those times in my life when it appears that color has drained from my existence and become an expression of shades of the same thing?

Perhaps this day is to remind me to notice rather than expect…to welcome the difference rather than long for the same…and perhaps to find within myself the genius that has created it all! It is, after all, my holodeck.

Breathing is good…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home