Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Cellular Confidence

Soon, another year will come to a close. It has been an amazing one for me, with so much unfolding, quickly, over such a short period of time. This year has proven to me that I am not my stories – about myself or about anyone or anything else. The quality of my life lives in each breath, one at a time. When I trust that, life is full and rich and unstoppable!

As I write these words, others echo in the back of my awareness. Echoes of those many times, either in coaching conversations or program experiences, where I spoke of the degree to which life is ‘fecund’ with its own potential. Life is so pregnant with its own potential that all we have to do is get out of our own way and allow ourselves to be led. Not by the intellect, not by knowledge but by the vibration in every cell of our own body. Given all that we have been taught, doing so is easier said than done.

I’ve discovered that the kind of trust that has made such a huge difference for me is discovering how to trust my own body, without exception – one breath to the next. No master plan. No evidential trail for one direction or another. Just the vibration of the cells of my own body. Who would have thought that the journey could be that easy?

Life is bursting at the seams with its own expression! Over time, we learn how to moderate its expression, which demands that we cut ourselves off from our own bodies and look outside of ourselves. Well practiced, this way of going through life can give us compliance without sufficient vitality to care about ever questioning any of it.

However, cellular confidence – the deep knowing that we can trust the truth of our own experience – is a gateway to living large, living full and living LIFE.

Perhaps Anne says it best in her last blog entry The Power of Life. Her thoughts follow her experience as a recent participant in the Whispers from Within: Women’s Writing Retreat held at Oceanstone in November. As I read her words, I am reminded of how easy it all is. In truth, all we have to do is trust the vibration of our own body.

Life is good! It is full and vibrant and rich – and just aching to be lived!

Breathing is good…...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home