Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Empty Nest-itis?

Today, I am very aware of an impending shift in being 'mother'. My sons have gone for the week, eagerly and happily looking forward to their holiday in the Caribbean with their father, sisters and grandmother. Much laughter as we drove to the rendez-vous point to gather for the limo ride to the airport.

I have no memory of my sons being away without me. It's not that they've not travelled without me; and it's not that I've not travelled without them. This is the first time that they have been off continent without me. It's a long swim home!

This week, I get to try on how it will feel when they have both decided it's time to feather their own nests. Perhaps having their own nest does not mean that mine will be empty. It will just be different.

I think of what fine young men they have become - funny, careing, compassionate, think for themselves, smart - I am blessed that not only do I love them, I like who they have become as people. I ponder for a moment... and know....that I am a lucky woman.

Breathing is good....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home