Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Doors opening - thoughts flowing

Our first conversation took us long into the night. It's almost 1:00 a.m. and I am wide awake and ready for more!

Those who have gathered here are ready, willing and up to the task. It is not by accident that they have gathered; and it is by design that each will be a critical part in my own evolution...in the appearance of the next wave.

Oceanstone fills the senses and in so doing, awakens the body. Since an Emerging Future cannot be 'known' in the intellect, and only exists in the body, our senses are a crucial component of exploring how to live as an expression of that Emerging Future. 'Sensing' our way through from the 'now' to what can be...allowing 'instinct' to lead the way.... these are the skills to engage and hone. We have relied on the intellect for far too long, and it has gotten us what we have. Methinks we're long overdue for a change....

Each of the women here is deeply and intricately connected to the other. Even if how, exactly, is not yet clear, the truth of it has already begun to surface in the things we talk about. It makes me wonder: where else in my life are these connections already present and I am not noticing them? How else might I engage with others beyond that which is familiar to me; and if so, what might I discover about myself?

Perhaps the most pressing awareness for me today is the degree to which women manifest incrementally; the degree to which caution is required to ensure that we do not look 'foolish' or 'fool hardy' in our thoughts and/or intentions; the degree to which we edit what moves inside us before we make it available outside of us, sure that if offered in its immensity, it will be dismissed, ridiculed or disregarded.

Tomorrow begins another conversation - and I wonder where it will lead.

It has been a good day! It's late...I'm tired....and

Breathing is good.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home