Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Faster than a speeding bullet...

I was in conversation today with Lori and found myself describing my life this way….

Imagine the image of a train speeding down a track and hanging on to the railing of the caboose for dear life by one hand….is me! The most interesting part for me is that in that image, I am blinded by the intensity of my own smile. It seems that I enjoy the experience of being pulled at mach speed into my destination!

And so it is with my ‘emerging future’. It is unfolding, moving, flowing… whatever the word!... far faster than I had thought possible. Things are happening all by themselves. And isn’t that the way it should be?

The new edition of Fully Alive is almost complete. We’re finalizing the cover and into the nitty gritty of pre-production details. Funny….I’ve really been dragging my feet on this one and wondering how come. I kept getting distracted by other things…

In conversation with a colleague and client today, who was sharing his thoughts with me about his read of the manuscript for the new Fully Alive, I got goose bumps as he spoke. For him, he was clear that even though I hold this edition as having about 40% new material, he experienced it as a much more powerful and profoundly different book. We concluded that the new context is likely what has made the difference. I’m not holding back a thing.

As I write these words, I am mindful of how I have missed being here. This place that is for me; for my thoughts; for wandering through what is sometimes the wilderness of my own mind and letting myself be surprised by what is revealed to me. I know that there is a ripple in the Force. And I know that there is much more to come in 2007.

Breathing is good…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home