Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Cascading potential

In my usual fashion, my attention has been moving sprightly across a broad range of attractors. Like little flashing lights of potential, my gaze wanders (not over but) through a range of sounds and images that in some way, all call to me to engage.

I’m noticing that this is occurring far more quickly than I can calibrate for with my intellect. I’m discovering within myself a new and as yet unproven capacity to notice without knowing what I notice; to see/hear/sense without having to have content; and to allow so many things on such varying topics to converge without my needing to do anything with them, to make sense of any of them or, in some way, to have closure on any of them. And yet, I instinctively recognize the 'truth' of a possible emerging future in each.

These things just ‘are’ and I follow where and when they lead me.

This morning, I was driving to the office and listening to CBC. I turned on the radio to catch the last half of a sentence by a woman who was clearly distressed by her experience of ‘infertility’ and IVF. In a nano-second, a cascading torrent of impressions flowed from….somewhere! In that instant, I completely remembered lengthy, extensive conversations with a woman who was then a friend, about her struggles with getting pregnant. I became very tuned in to what, to me, feels like the insanity of attempting to conceive under such stress and duress. I kept seeing this image of a tiny, struggling zygote desperately trying to grow where there was no space in the body for it to settle. That notion of ‘Space, Movement and Flow’ came to mind, reminding me that conception requires Space, within which movement can occur and produce the flow that results in gestation.

Streamed with that was the metaphor of infertility and its application to our global, organic collective ‘family’; and how we keep trying to create something new in the world without the Space in our thoughts and habits to allow for any of it.

The next strand related to time….how the past continues to shape the future; and how difficulty with conception is addressed in the ‘now’ when in all likelihood, the past is in some way recreating itself for us to notice, learn from it, grow (Space) and move(ment0 on!

All that, from less than five seconds of sound byte on CBC. And that’s only what I can bring to awareness in this moment of recalling it – because I know there was so much more in flow at the time, much of it content free yet very ‘real’ in the sensations in my body..

What difference does any of this make? It tells me that I can process huge amounts of information in nano-seconds…pieces of seconds…that I have ignored for most of my life. It tells me that there is so much more beyond what I can recall – all of it relevant and meaningful in some way, and accessible in ways I’ve not trusted in the past.

Why is this important to me? Because in the domain of manifestation – in the domain of creating matter from thought – and compressing space/time for an instantaneous response, I must learn to trust that the key is NOT knowing and engaging anyway. And not engaging because I know how to make it happen but engaging because I know that when I let go, it does happen.

Hmmm….I can see that today is going to be an interesting day.

Breathing is good…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home