Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Cocooning

I seem to be intimately connected to the weather. When I think a thought, the weather reflects it back to me, in its unique and inimitable way.

I’m sitting by the fire, feeling snug and comfy in my blue leather recliner….feet up and laptop at my finger tips. To my left, the two palladium windows offer me a lens through which to watch the world unfold, a glimmer of colored lights in the distance as the influence of the Holiday Season is seen through the swirling gusts of snow. The drifts are getting higher, piling up against my neighbor’s fence and making back garden ornaments – like the BBQ! – turn into oddly shaped beings in the dimming light.

I like this. I’m happy in this place, family members busy doing their thing and my time is my own. My thoughts are my own, too…except that Gaia seems to be able to read them.

Outside reflects what’s going on inside of me. Great bursts of new thought intermingled with a quiet reflection on those already there. Thoughts taking on strange shapes, some fitting easily into the landscape of their existing context and others struggling to find their place in what feels like a foreign land. Moments of peace and a sense of inner quiet quickly followed by the winds of agitation as old thoughts blend with the new. As I sit in my cozy spot, I wonder: how does all this fit together?

Maybe it doesn’t matter. Maybe there is no need to fit…no requirement for fitting of any kind. Maybe perfection lies in what feels like the existing chaos of all this swirling, blowing, heaping….then settling and blowing again! Maybe this is what life feels like on any given day and to think otherwise is to fool myself.

I’ve been thinking a lot about 2007 – what it was, what it gave me and what it invited me to consider differently. I am also enlivened, excited and profoundly encourage by 2008 and what it will become. It seems like every year, the angle of the curve gets steeper and the outcomes accelerate to make way for greater potential. As much as I might say that this is too much….it’s not.

The storm that is blowing through today is a welcomed invitation to shake things up….to trust in the shaking….and to discover that what I consider ‘the norm’ can easily be turned upside down and from there, become a platform for something quite different.

I know that 2008 will be the year of the vibration of sound. More voice. More voices! Voices speaking an undeniable truth – that truth of authentic presence – and all that comes with it. Podcasts. CD’s. Internet radio. Room for bigger and more conversations….one-on-one and in small groups. And all of this about women gathering in small groups, talking. Such a potent force and one, sadly, so wasted on the trivia of our lives.

So, I’m going to sit here for a bit, letting the warmth of the fire make me drowsy, and letting myself jot down all the strange, seemingly disconnected thoughts that my body is offering up. If (as I believe) an Emerging Future rides on that Signal from the Self to the physical body, then paying attention is the gateway to accelerating how I manifest my life – not because faster is better, but because living fully is always preferable to just sitting around and thinking about it.

Breathing is good…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home