Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Presence

In my world, it’s all about metaphors in a holographic universe. My very life itself is a metaphor for how I live. I sometimes wonder: am I paying attention?

Today, I spoke with a close friend who is being pursued relentlessly by chaos in her life. We talk… she ponders… and I wonder: where am I being relentlessly pursued by chaos in my life? It may not look like hers or sound like hers, but I can be sure that it’s there. I’m paying attention.

Today, as I read Lori Walton’s (www.loriwalton.blogspot.com) blog entry of her recent gathering in Halifax, I found myself wondering: how is this about me? Lori’s capacity to ENGAGE and just be herself brought magic into that room, into that conversation and into their lives. Once again, I’m paying attention.

We’re taught to look ‘out there’ – to an external reference – to determine our results and hence, our worth. We’re taught to focus on the power of the intellect; the importance of knowledge and content; the value of credentials, initials and labels. And yet, no one teaches us where the magic is. This, we learn by living, loving and being willing to be ourselves.

When we share ourselves with others; when we become willing to allow others to penetrate the veneer and really see us; when we dare to be excited by our own creations and delight in the joy of being ourselves, the world breathes more deeply and expands.

What matters most is that I look inside myself….where I live…for my questions, my answers and, most importantly, the power of this moment. In my world, it’s all that matters.

Breathing is good…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home