Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Diving deep and surfacing

It occurred to me that it's been a while since I've shared my thoughts here. It certainly isn't because I'm not having them!

I'm in Halifax for two weeks, spending this first week with a small group of courageous and compelling women who are determined to live their lives more fully - and meaningfully. In this five-day 'Engaging...and awakening others' experience, we are doing just that: engaging what comes up as we share our lives with each other. Inevitably, we discover that 'engaging' a life when we are cloaked or inauthentic, will produce a very different result in our world than engaging when decloaked...able to be seen in the magnificence of our imperfection...and willing to be the creators of our own experience.

It's not always easy, and it's always worth it. Sometimes, the tears are from laughter and sometimes they just flow to make room for a new way of considering the world. But always, they are an essential expression of a life transforming itself into a more authentic one.

There is not a day that goes by that I am not deeply grateful for my life. My days are filled with the promise of a better world and the evidence that it's on its way. As my day comes to an end, I am aware that I have no idea what tomorrow will bring. As I choose to trust myself, what emerges effortlessly will guide me to the next step.

Breathing is good.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home