Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sizzling thoughts

Have you ever noticed what happens when you drop water onto the surface of a hot frying pan? There is a distinct sound...bouncing droplets...and then they become one with the surface of the pan. Activity and then absorption.

For the last few days, my thoughts have been doing that. Something comes to mind...I hear that sound and notice the thought relative to the context that it is calling up and then the thought is absorbed/integrated into the background of the context it fits into.

My thoughts are moving faster than my ability to track them and make sense of them. And yet, every time I allow one to just simply move, there is a flood....a tsunami...and new thoughts that come behind it. I've given up trying to make sense of them; or put any order to them. I just trust their flow and I know that it will all fall into place.

I know the direction that I'm going in. No surprises there! It has to do with women. Women being well...being enlivened...and being willing to emerge from the shadows and bring strength of definition to who they/we are in the world. Being willing to be seen and heard. Women willing to have edges. Women willing to walk away from being 'the power behind the throne' - being invisible in their challenges and burdens - and claiming the force that they/we already are in the world. Noreen (Sekhmet Rising) comes to mind. Unleashed!

It has to do with women no longer being willing to be silent and sick. They go together. And in that order.

It has to do with letting go of all that is familiar to me. As much as it all has been, I know there is more - and that 'more' will not be contained in the box of what has been.

I remind myself, daily....breathing is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home