Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Engaging with others

Life is good! It’s filled with opportunity, potential and the sheer joy of allowing myself to live fully in the moment of my own experience…to embrace my emerging future, wherever it may lead. Whatever unfolds in my day, I know that I am its creator and that its gift to me is my own evolution. I’ve learned that no matter what it may appear to be about, it’s always about me – and that includes the people I am drawn to and the ones that I draw to myself.

Who do I want to spend my time in conversation with? Who do I want to share ideas with…thoughts with…discovery with? Who do I want to call into my life to influence me in its shaping and design? I seek meaning, in my own life and in that of those I am drawn to. I seek adventures of thought and intention; journeys of growth, evolution and potential; and visions shared and engaged without holding back and pulling back from fear and uncertainty. My life is an invitation to others to consider my presence as a companion on their journey through life – and I seek that in those with whom connection unfolds.


My attention is drawn to things other than seeking to manifest more money, bigger house, faster car, better career. My intentions are shaped by choosing to evolve as an expression of the spiritual being that I am, in a physical world. Inside me, the question that resonates is: how does a godforce live? It's not about setting goals or holding intentions that enrich my life in terms of possessions. It's about remembering that I can and do shape my world.

For me, a meaningful life resides in finding people to play the game of life with. When I look around at those with whom co-creation looms as both a fact and a possibility, I become aware of their ways of being and the degree to which these are shared amongst them all. Were I to describe these people, I would have to conclude that:

* They laugh quickly, easily, out loud and frequently at themselves. In their way of moving through the world, they rarely forget that they are a spiritual being having a physical experience. In that, there is great joy to be found in the magnificence of our imperfection and without it, we would have no pathway back to the truth of who we are.

* They are self-starters: they have their own view of the world and they live it. They are not waiting to be fixed/saved/rescued by anyone else’s model of the world.

* They are non-groupies: they tend not to congregate in packs; tend more to have big visions that they engage on their own. When their vision overlaps with the vision of another, the fun factor increases but they are never distracted from their own creation.

* They swim upstream: often seen to be out-of-step with ‘reality’, these are the folks who are never deterred by someone else’s opinion of them, their dream/vision or their way of brining it into manifestation. Although periodically they may forget who they are and allow themselves to ponder: ‘Am I really crazy???”, it passes quickly and they get on with their lives.

* They enjoy their own company: Although they tend to easily attract large numbers of people to themselves, they are both comfortable and happy with their own company. That means that when they spend time with me, it’s because they want to, not because they don’t want to spend time with themselves. That they are loved by others is a bonus – and when they are not, their love of Self carries them through.

* Their essential nature is fueled by a huge desire to engage life! When times are good, they are clear that they have created their lives. When times appear to be not-so-good, they have even GREATER clarity that they have manifested for themselves a magnificent opportunity for Self-discovery and accelerated evolution! It is all part of who they are – and they are always welcoming of the next wave.

* They know it’s up to them. They look inside for their direction, not outside. Although they hear what others say, they recognize the contribution as some aspect of themselves playing out to draw attention to itself.

Do these people come in ‘market share’ or ‘groups’? I don’t think so. They do not homogenize easily; and they tend to appear one at a time. When I stay awake, I can see them - and they can see me.

Breathing is good…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home