Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wake-up Call

Can it be? The month of January is already gone! How did that happen….and where did it all go? Lately, it seems that I take a breath and when I exhale, I discover that a week has gone by. I am noticing acceleration in many ways and at many levels.

As much as I experience today as a flat kind of day, these moments are not unfamiliar to me. Somewhere in my experience, I am reminded that they are often the precursor to a huge shift in perspective that opens up new conduits for accelerated change. Once again, that restlessness is tugging at…something!...for me to pay attention to. I also know that in the emerging future that is in flow, all I need to do is allow and it will come in its time – and not a nanosecond sooner or later.

In this ‘flatness’, I am drawn to do ‘flat’ things – like clean out my inbox, delete junk, catch up on long overdue responses, etc. Trying to force the birth of a new creation (i.e. an article, book, experience, etc.) is like thinking that if I hold my breath and push hard, the baby will come now rather than on its own schedule. I tried that once- it didn’t work then, either.

As part of the magic of the mundane, I found this note to myself – written so long ago I can’t even remember having written it. And yet, it was a startling reminder to me of what holds meaning for me, in my life. Funny how that happens…..

I wrote:

“It is my desire to create a self-sustaining, global WEL-Systems community. To do this, there must be others - highly contagious and unflinching in the contagion of who they are and how they move through the world. Each, in his/her own way, becomes a beacon – a signal of invitation - to attract others who are seeking to find a more powerful way to move through the world.

These are the people who shape their world and profoundly affect all with whom they come in contact. They are shameless....relentless....fearless....and filled with the deep and abiding trust in themselves, their world and their ability to move through it with grace, power and elegance. No longer apologetic for who they are, their presence alone is enough to awaken and invite the ‘more’ that each of us harbors deep within.

That means that those who come into my framework are those who seek to bring the contagion of who they are into their world - not just for their own coaching/evolution but with the mindful intention of infecting others, always aware that without hospitable ground, the thought virus that they are will not take hold. Inside, the voice they hear reminds them: ‘I’m only looking for the people who are looking for me.”

It is never about forcing change on anyone. It is about creating a vibrant, growing organic collective of those for whom change is an essential expression of their LifeForce.”


As I read this, something inside me stirs. It is as if I’ve been napping…and this is my wake-up call. And as I write these words, I know – it’s time.

Breathing is good…..

1 Comments:

At 2/01/2007 07:27:00 p.m., Blogger Anita said...

Louise, I can share your experience of "flatness" with a knowing smile!

As my belly grows with my "new creation" and I begin to feel the baby gently stirring, I continue to notice the flatness I see in my external creative projects and wonder when the next new creation will come.....and so I too am trusting that the shift of perspective that hovers just beyond my line of vision is on its way, knowing it will come when its time arrives "and not a nanosecond sooner or later"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home