Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Holographic reminders

In those moments when I begin to forget, I can trust that my world will unfold as a reminder of the “I” that I AM.

I’ve spent the last two days with an amazing woman. I could sit and write about her as if she were separate from me and yet I know that we are one and the same. In my holographic universe, all that I experience are expressions of my own creation; and all my creations are in some way an aspect of my own consciousness. Like I have conversations inside myself with ‘others’ who are not really there, those outside of me are but the projections of what moves inside me. They are no more separate from me than those voices inside my head.

On the holodeck of my experience, the ‘others’ that enter my awareness (noting that these same ‘others’ often go unnoticed by anyone else…) are intended to invite me to step into my own evolution. In a world that insists we pay homage to external references through every stage of our growth and evolution (i.e. parent, teacher, doctor, priest, boss, etc.), it is sometimes easy to forget that we create that world from the inside, out. I am learning to be gentle with myself in my moments of oversight and forgetfulness.

These last two days have taught me much about myself. As we sat and talked, I saw reflected back to me the powerful presence that I am. As this intelligent, compassionate, accomplished, visionary woman shared her life with me, I began to remember aspects of my own.

In the midst of great vision and clarity of intention, there is also chaos and uncertainty.

In the presence of great courage, there is also fear.

In the capacity for great strength and the willingness to engage, there are moments of vulnerability and fragility.

In the midst of great stamina and determination, there is also fatigue and a sense of desperation.

In the face of this truly powerful and amazing woman, I saw my own. As I looked into her eyes, I came to see myself.

If it were easy, it would be done; and if it were done, I would no longer have a reason to be here. In all that is incomplete, unsure, unspoken, unwritten and not yet manifest, there is the potential for greatness. But more than that, there is the perpetual invitation for me to live in and trust the truth of my own experience, moment to moment, that I may remember and know the godforce that I am. To live otherwise is to stay trapped in the box of my history, my cultural conditioning and my own self-imposed limitation. In the magnificence of my imperfection lies the invitation for me to find my way home.

In this moment, I see humour in the practice of my clients paying me for the results they get from spending time in conversation with me. Perhaps I should be paying them for the invitation they are for me to remember who I am. Hmmm….I think I’ll ponder that one a little longer. :)

Breathing is good…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home