Women and Emerging Futures

The next wave of my own evolution lies in exploring the potential of women to profoundly shape our world. Not only if women can but if women will...do what is required to make the difference. This demands redefining our notions of 'leadership' and reclaiming meaningful expression for women. To progress beyond historical notions of evolution through incremental change, we must redefine what it is to be human - and women are the key.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Inventing fields

I've been watching the moon out of my bedroom window. These last few nights, it's reminded me of my trip to Mauna Kea and the observatories on the Big Island. The night I was there, the moon was so full and bright that we could not look at it through the telescope. Blinding! That was the same night I saw a 'moonbow'....a rainbow but from the moon....a breathtakingly beautiful arc in the sky, pearl-white and shimmering. Wow....that was worth the trip....

That moon slowly drifting across the clear, crisp night sky has been causing me to notice how much longer it's been here than I have. I wonder how many civilizations this same moon has borne witness to, both in their beginnings and their endings? And do they really end, or do they just get mushy at the edges and a new one forms itself from what's left of the old. Kind of like those biscuits that are perpetually grown from the same yeast mixture. Endless. No beginnings and no endings. Just a constant ebbing and flowing.

In that thought, another emerged...the thought of life/culture/civilization as a huge, extensive game of Monopoly. I remember playing Monopoly, always eager to engage and then often finding myself tiring of the game and wondering 'When will this end???'. The game went back and forth, with some players falling away, and with two strong players remaining. It became Monopoly-ad-nauseaum. And boring. Just how long can we keep doing the same things, over and over again, and stay with it?

I wondered....how many times have we (energy beings that we are) played this same game? How many times have we come to the brink because we were unable to get past the existing game's rules and give ourselves permission to invent a new game? Like the Phoenix rising from the ashes of the old. Maybe ashes are a critical part of life.

So many years spent, by so many people, wondering what field of practice to go into and how to 'rise to the top' of that field when, quite possibly, the far more powerful question is: what field of practice shall I invent today? How the WEL-Systems community came into being was from noticing one day that I no longer wanted to be part of the existing way of moving through the world so I invented a new one - and invited others to play. Today, I am always in great company!

If I were to just allow myself to 'become', what might the impact be on 'becoming' as a process, itself? Bringing into expression that which does not yet exist and, in its creation, will reshape what does exist. A new game!

This '6 days to live' thing has certainly caused me to focus. I seem to be happiest when I don't have a clue! :) I wonder how I got that way....and even more, where it will take me.

As I was driving to the office, I caught snippets of a conversation on CBC about how varying labs around the world are working on teleportation. That appeals to me...and I know it's real. Just where do I want to go?

Breathing is good.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home